Whether you're new to sewing or experienced in the art, the Brother XR3140 Computerized Sewing Machine will serve you well. This is because the machine is fitted with everything a sewer needs plus a few additional features that are great to have in any sewing machine. So, if you're shopping for a sewing machine and feel confused by the numerous selections, take some time to read the following review before making a purchase. This computerized Brother XR3140 model could just be the ideal fit for you.
Offers 140 Built-In Stitches
The Brother XR3140 ensures you'll not be held back from expanding your creativity regardless of whatever sewing project you undertake. This is thanks to the inclusion of 140 built-in stitches that cover all utility stitches. This includes quilting stitches, satin and other decorative stitches, plus so much more. This stitch feature also ensures you'll be able to use the unique and ideal stitch for each and every one of your projects. If you do a significant amount of sewing or plan to do so in the near future, this is the machine to go for because you'll want as many stitches as you can get.
Has a Buttonhole Feature
Making professional-looking stitches on fabrics using a sewing machine is easy as the machine does most of the work for you. Buttonholes, however, are a bit trickier as achieving perfect, similar sized buttonholes repeatedly can be difficult. This is why the Brother XR3140 offers you a hassle free one-step buttonhole feature that offers not 1 but 8 different styles. You don't have to worry about striking the same shape and size over and over again when working on a piece of clothing. Simply select one of the 8 auto-size buttonholes and the Brother XR3140 will do the rest for you.
Comes With 9 Presser Feet
The sewing machine comes with 9 presser feet accessories that add on to the machine's sewing versatility as well as help make tough sewing jobs a whole lot easier.
Click to read more…
Whether you want to embroider a personal message on a garment or simply want to give your sewing projects a unique look, the Brother XR3140 allows you to do so in style with its built-in font with 55 alphanumeric stitch characters. This feature makes the Brother XR3140 ideal for both at-home and light commercial use. With this much monogramming stitches, you can stitch on all sorts of writings on your projects.
Brother XR3140 Computerized Sewing Machine
• 9 presser feet (zigzag, buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, blind stitch, button fitting, quilting, 1/4” quilting and general purpose foot)
• Twin needles
• 3 spool caps (small, medium, and large)
• Gold colored ball point needle
• Cleaning brush
• Foot controller
• Disk shaped screwdriver
• Extra spool pin
• Needle set
• Seam ripper
• 4 bobbins
• Operation manual and quick user guide
• Instructional DVD
The sewing machine measures 5.75" (height) x 3.90" (width) and weighs 11.02 pounds (shipping weight: 18.1 pounds).
• Lightweight design
• The included instructional DVD is a great help for individuals new to sewing machines
• Features an automatic needle threader that threads the needle for you
• Has a large LCD display that provides easy viewing in low light
• Automatically adjusts stitch width and length and can also be set to allow you to make the adjustments manually
• Fitted with a bright LED bulb for illuminating the work area
• Sews really fast at a rate of 850 stitches/minute
• Has a small storage compartment for holding your accessories
• The machine's worktable is spacious enough to allow large projects
• Features a speed control slider that allows you to control sewing speed without using the foot pedal
• Comes with 25-year limited warranty
• This sewing machine is hard to fault except maybe for the fact that a newbie to sewing machines may require a few attempts to get used to the automatic needle threader
Amazon Customer Reviews: Click Here
Despite a few listed complaints, the majority of past purchasers all seem to agree that the Brother XR3140 is a great machine that does an excellent job for its asking price.
Brother XR3140 Computerized Sewing Machine
Today’s Price: Click Here
Where features and stitch quality are concerned, the Brother XR3140 Computerized Sewing Machine excels and ticks off all of the important check-boxes. When you consider all that with the fact that the machine comes at a much lower price than many other high-end models yet functions just as well, you'll soon realize what a worthwhile buy this unit is. If a quality sewing machine is what you're looking for, this computerized XR3140 unit from Brother will fit the bill.
Click here for a closer look.